Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 26, 2018 Well that was unexpected...


Sometimes you have to take a shortcut through the woods to get to the church...



So last week I sent a picture of Elder Harden and I with Elder Lee, one of the assistants to the mission
Dropping Elder Harden
off at the train station
president who is going home. It was no surprise that he'd be leaving, but we were shocked when we discovered that the new assistant would be none other than my very own campanion: Elder Harden. I feel incredibly blessed for the time I've had to learn from, and grow with Elder Harden. He is an incredibly dedicated missionary who has taught me through his example what it looks like to serve and love others with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. I truly can't say enough good about Elder Harden, and the fact that he has been called to serve as one of the assistants testifies to the kind of high-caliber missionary he is. We both expected to be together this next transfer, and I can't tell you how much we were looking forward to it, so I'm going to miss him, but I look forward in learning even more from him as he serves in this new capacity.


Missionaries transfer on Wednesday, but because President Youngberg wants Elder Harden in the office to help with the transfer process, we found out last night at 8:30 PM that his train to Stockholm would leave at 8:30 AM this morning... Let's just say there was a lot of scrambled packing, a very late night, and an early morning. I'll be working and staying with the Zone Leaders in Utby until Wednesday when my new companion, Elder Bringhurst, arrives. As it turns out, Elder Bringhurst and Elder Harden were companions in Umeå as Zone Leaders right before Elder Harden came to Göteborg, so I will be getting another "retired" zone leader as a companion! I feel incredibly blessed to have such experienced, amazing missionaries as companions, and I look forward to serving with Elder Bringhurst this transfer!


The transfer chaos at the end of the week was just the finish of another great week. I was able to go on exchanges in Alingsås, where I got to meet and help one of their investigators, Alex, who got baptized on Saturday! It's incredible to see the unity and happiness that has been brought into their family as Alex has followed the Savior Jesus Christ, and he and his wife are now working towards getting sealed in the temple of the Lord.


We have been working with a man, Christopher, who was baptized many years ago, but hasn't come to church for several years. He invited us over for dinner on Saturday, and together we studied the scriptures and talked about the restoration of Jesus Christ's church to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. I testify that the Lord truly has restored his church, and He has called a living prophet to lead it today. We have an opportunity this weekend to hear the prophet and apostles of the Lord teach and testify of His reality, and I would invite all to prepare to hear their message. All the prophets since the foundation of the world have testified of Christ. Those before him testified of his coming, and I add my testimony to those who have come after Him that He is risen. He has triumphed over sin and broken the bands of death so that we might stand spotless before him if we choose to follow Him.


Äldste Sirrine


Helping with the primary Easter activity!