Monday, December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018 You never know how much good you do

Elder Ellis in the middle of town.
Before all the snow came.




This week we had transfers, and Elder Simmons transferred to Gotland. He will be serving as the first counselor in the branch presidency there, and to make it all better, he's going to be with my son, Elder Bills! I'm so excited for the two of them to be together, and I'm excited to now be with Elder Ellis! Elder Ellis is from Seattle, Washington, and so far we've had an absolute blast together. I can't wait to see what happens this transfer.

We got a bunch of snow this week, and fun fact about Sweden, they don't really plow the roads. It's made driving pretty fun and interesting! There are roundabouts everywhere, so if I wasn't a
missionary I would probably sharpen up my drifting skills. Thankfully our car handles the snow surprisingly well, so we haven't had any problems. Unfortunately it was raining today, so most of it has now melted...

Yesterday I had one of the greatest experiences of my mission.

A couple months ago, I let a missionary back in the Stockholm area borrow my pair of white pants for a baptism, and I just realized a few weeks ago I had never gotten them back. President Youngberg came to our branch yesterday to visit, so I asked if I could call the area and coordinate the return of my pants. I had thought about doing so many times before, but for some reason it wasn't until yesterday that I actually called. When the elder in that area answered the phone, he informed me that he had just interviewed Henrik, who I had found in taught in Stockholm, for baptism. He asked if I would like to talk to him, and before I could say anything, the phone was put on speaker and I heard Henrik say, "Hey, Sirrine!"

I had absolutely no idea his baptismal interview was yesterday, in fact, I had sent him an email last Monday encouraging him to keep pressing forward, but had received no response, so I wondering how it was all going. I got to talk with Henrik for a few minutes, and Henrik reported that his baptismal interview had gone well, and I was able to congratulate him (and request that pictures from the baptismal service be sent my way). I was grateful that the Lord worked out the timing so I could share that special moment with him. Henrik is one of my closest friends here in Sweden, and knowing that he's doing so well filled me with indescribable joy. We truly have no idea just how much good we do, but every once and a while the Lord will give us a glimpse.

Äldste Sirrine

 
Waiting in the airport for the 
arrival of Elder Ellis. 
There was nobody there.

Delivering cookies and Christmas party
 invitations to people we're teaching