Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Feb 25, 2019 Back to Stockholm?


We made a fire and roasted hotdogs with a member for P-day.
Last night we got our transfer calls, and I found out that I'll be going back to Stockholm! The news of transfers was expected, but President Youngberg got me by surprise when he told me I'll be opening a new area. The number of missionaires, particularly elders, has been dropping in our mission from 150 to 105, so elder areas have been closing and the ratios of sisters will soon be nearly 50/50. In the light of such events, opening a new area was the last thing on my mind. However, because of the number of elders we have this transfer, we need to open a new area for one transfer and then close it again. I was fully expecting to only have one area left on my mission, but it looks like I'll have at least two! Maybe more?? My new are will be Täby, which borders the area of my old area of Stockholm inner
This is how you extinguish fires in Sweden, 
or at least how the missionaries do...
city. We also meet in the same church building as the Stockholm ward, so I'll get to see the members again! Including Henrik, who was baptized a couple months ago, and Erik, who was baptized by Henrik just two weeks ago! (picture attached). I can't wait :)

This week we had a really neat experience while we were out tracting. We tried to swing by a returning member, but he wasn't home, so we decided to knock the whole building. Only one person was home in the entire building (what are the odds of that?), but that one person was interested and said we can come back, so we'll be going to teach him tonight. It's incredible how the Lord leads us to those he's prepeared.

Other than that, it's been a lot of talking to people in town and knocking on doors! We've met a lot of really neat people recently, and have been enjoying the festive spirit of winter here. They've built a playground out of snow for the kids along with an entire maze right in the middle of town. We even took the opportunity to talk to people in the maze which was pretty fun.


Äldste Sirrine
The playground made out of snow

The maze made out of snow. The walls were a lot hire but have melted.