Thursday, May 9, 2019

May 6, 2019 Valborg and Göteborg

Göteborg
Where they were going to light the bonfire
This last Wednesday was the Swedish holiday Valborg. They actually celebrate mostly the night before by lighting bonfires and singing traditional songs. We got to go to a park where a fire was to be held, but unfortunately it's been to warm and dry so they didn't actually light it because of fire
Valborg men's choir
hazard. Elder Olson and I had to laugh about this because they were planning on lighting the fire right in the middle of a big green lawn with nothing but a river anywhere close by. In Utah it would have been a go by all means, but I guess they're a little more careful here... We still got to listen to a men's choir sing and enjoy the Swedish festivity in the park.

We got to travel down to Göteborg this week for zone conference which was fantastic. I hate to miss time sharing the gospel in my area, but the spirit of revelation at zone conference is worth of every minute. By paying careful attention to what the spirit taught, I received very clearly what I need to do and in what areas I need to improve. When sought after, such guidance is a clear sign of the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us.

This week we got to teach a young couple the plan of salvation. The lesson went well and the spirit was felt strongly throughout, but the best part was what the husband said to us at the end. He said, "I mean this in the best possible way, but there's something different about you two. I'm baffled by your confidence to come to me, a university professor of philosophy and former high school teacher of religion, and teach me about God. There's something about the way you do it, and you do it very well." We told him directly that he was feeling the spirit and that such confidence comes from an unshakable faith in God which we have because of personal experience and that he too can have such experiences. We'll be teaching them again tomorrow, so keep them in your prayers.


Äldste Sirrine
The Swedish flag