Friday, October 19, 2018

October 15, 2018 Kubb, Korv, and Good Company


The Lake we hiked around




Today for P-day we decided to go for a hike with the office elders and assistants. The fall colors here in Sweden are absolutely amazing, and we've been having incredibly good weather this year. I distinctly remember last October being pretty cold and rainy, which is normal, but this last week has
Roasting Korv
been in the 60's and absolutely perfect. We wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather by going for a hike in the forest, but being here in Stockholm makes it a little difficult to find large expanses of untouched nature. We had to settle for a really big park with lots of nice trails, but eventually we found a place we could make a fire, roast some korv (hot dogs), and enjoy a nice game of Kubb together :)

In updated Timmy news, our neighbor reached out to us this week and asked if we could take Timmy for a walk Saturday evening because they were having a big birthday party. We were more than happy to do so, and when we picked him up we were able to meet the entire family, along with the cousins and grandma! Timmy was excited to see us, and apparently that spread to everyone else, because everyone really liked us. Timmy continues to surprise us with missionaries opportunities, and before you know it we might just take him out contacting with us ;)

A couple weeks ago we met Gabriels friend, Maylene, at a baptismal service in Gubbängen, and on Wednesday we were able to teach her! We had a recent convert, Molly, come with us to help teach, and the lesson was absolutely incredible. As we talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we shared with her the experience of Alma, who suffered great anguish as he realized his many sins against God. In the midst of his anguish, he remembered the words of his father who taught him of
Elder Radford and I with office elders and assistants
Jesus Christ, and in desperation reached out to Him. The description he gives next is perhaps a few of the most beautiful verses in the Book of Mormon, for after calling on Christ he said, "And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain! Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." (Alma 36:19-20) The message of Christ is the greatest message of hope to be found. Through Him, we can not only be forgiven, but we can receive the most exquisite joy we have will experience. I have experienced that joy, and it's the reason I'm here in Sweden today. Like Alma, "From that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." (Alma 36:24)


Äldste Sirrine